LCN Thursday 6/21/2012
Officers present: Allyson McCarthy – Fundraising, Kathie Ryan – Safety, Nancy Dorsner – Communications, Peg Ziegler – President, Carol Holliday – Planning
Attendees: 18 residents, 2 guests
Valencia Hudson: vHudson@atlantaga.gov
APD: Beat 608 – 1 auto theft, 5 break-ins. Sergeant Ryan Stephens firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email him with questions/issues.
- New officer, Officer Moore.
- YTD murders, down 33% (3 to 2) murders in zone. Up rapes (3 to 4).
- Please remember to not leave your iphone type phones out in plain view.
- Programs to check out:
- Find my iPhone / Android Lost
- If a crime happens to you, and you call 911 and they wantto put you on hold, tell dispatch it is a ‘crime in progress’.
Freedom Park Conservancy Billy Davis
- Requested feedback on what the neighborhoods would like to see with the park.
- Please send feedback to Davisbi@gmail.com or call 404 831 0841
Swearing in of officers with new oath of office – Katherine Arrington
- All officers present sworn in.
- 2 officers (Zoning and Environment) will be sworn in at the next meeting.
NPU Bylaws approval
- Carol: We are required annually to support the bylaws of our NPU.
- Motion carries 16 for, none opposed, one abstention.
Stolen cell phones , car thefts in Candler park
- If any organization is interested in getting involved in the Halloween parade to make money for org
- Tour of Homes upcoming. Could use more volunteers. Nov 11 Date.
- Are looking to find homes to be on the tour.
- Evening progressing
- Yard Sale upcoming.