Hi Neighbors –
I am thrilled to be heading up the 2012 Lake Claire Halloween Parade, and am looking forward to a super fun event for our little superheros, princesses, goblins and ghouls! This year’s costume parade will be held on Saturday, October 27th at 5:00 p.m (we line up at the corner of Ridgewood and Marlbrook), and an after party will be held in Lake Claire Park. At the after party we will have refreshments for sale, and are considering additional activities such as children’s crafts and carnival games (pending n’hood interest and event volunteers).
In addition, Candler Park Neighbors will be hosting a movie (E.T.) at dusk that we can enjoy after the park party, and we are thinking about having a special illuminated LC lantern parade down to Candler Park.
I would love to get YOUR input on this year’s event, and ask that you please take a brief survey (see link below). The survey takes less than 3 minutes to complete, and your feedback will be used to make the parade and after party extra “spooktacular”!
Please complete the survey by September 30th. If the survey does not appear when you click on the above URL, please copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.
Calling All Volunteers!
Volunteers are key to making the LC Halloween Parade and Party a success, and I am soliciting your help for this event. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities, both big and small, prior to and during the day of the event. Please let me know if you are interested in volunteering for the event – a list of volunteer opps are below. You can either send me an email directly, or check the volunteer box in the survey.
- – Carnival game preparation
- – Craft preparation
- – Food table preparation (e.g. help procure tables, table clothes, cups/plates/napkins, etc.)
- – Bring a food/beverage item
- – Help solicit food/beverage sponsors for donated items
- – Help coordinate the costume parade (permitting, off duty police officer, marching band/musical group, etc.)
- – Serve as the costume parade “Grand Marshall” (costume required!)
- – Work at one of the park “after party” booths (e.g. help sell goodies, craft booth, carnival booth, etc.)
- – Lead the lantern parade to Candler Park
- – Help as needed!