Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Jan. 16, 2014
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
Meet and greet neighbors starting at 7:00 PM.
The Lake Claire Neighbors Association is very grateful
to Savage Pizza for providing Pizza for our meeting.
Officers Present: Joe Agee-President; Carol Holliday-Planning; Andrew Sherwood-Treasurer; Nancy Dorsner-Communications; Kathie Ryan –Safety, Fundraising – Sara Rockaway
Guest speakers (Representatives of the City Council, State Senate and Atlanta Police Department)
Valencia from Natalyn Archibong’s office.
- Update on the Atlanta in Dekalb Co. 911 cellphone issue:If you dial the 10 digit number for 911 (404 658 6566) be sure to give your location up front. However, you should now be able to dial 911 even from the cell phone.
- To Contact Natalyn: Narchibong@atlantaga.com
Lt Floyd from APD
- We’ve had Larceny from auto. (vehicle breakins)
- Be sure to take your valuables in the house.
- Make sure you have registered your alarm. cry wolf.com
- Are aware of homeless issues on Ponce.
- Contact APD for every incident.
- If you call 911 for a car breakin, even if minor, and they do not write a report, please contact a supervisor.
LCN officer reports
- Register your alarm by Feb 1: https://www.crywolf.us/oss/atlantaga/
- One variance in December.
- In subsequent meeting will present process for variances that need to be addressed in December timeframe.
- Not present.
- Sara is new fundraising chair. Contact her if you have ideas. email@example.com
- Please sign up for the email list and check out the website.
LCN Treasurer Report 1/16/2014
Our bank accounts at BOND as at January 1, 2014 were:
- Savings account $2154
- Checking account $2113
- Greenspace fund $3000
- Mural fund $4286
- Paid-up members 9
- 1900 Dekalb Ave/Horizon School: Owns about 4 acres planning to subdivide 5 residential lots. There was general support for this measure, which will be presented at the next NPU-N Meeting.
- Feedback should go to Carol Holliday at NPU@lakeclaire.org
Olmsted linear park alliance: fundarising gala 2/16 6:30-10
Clifton Men’s shelter (James Crutcher)
- Thanks to the neighborhood for donations. Over $7000 donated.