Hi all, In case you missed our last meeting, here are the notes to keep you up to date! Be sure to read them, as there are several important announcements.
Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Feb. 20, 2014
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
1815 Ponce de Leon Ave NE • Atlanta, GA 30307
Meet and greet your neighbors starting at 7:00 PM.
Pizza (compliments of Savage Pizza) and wine will be served 15 minutes before the meeting. The Lake Claire Neighbors Association is very grateful to this local business for its generous support.
Attendees: 21 members, 3 visitors
Guest speakers – Representatives of the City Council, Atlanta Police Department, and we also heard from Kyle Williams, candidate for Georgia Senate, district 42, to replace Sen. Jason Carter.
LCN officer reports
Kathie – Safety
- Latest report is available on our website. The most recent one was sent out in a different format. We are unable to see information about our specific area as the items are listed as totals. Should revert back to usual format for March.
Carol – NPU
- Lake Claire has no business meeting in December. As a result, we missed an opportunity to review a variance request in December. We will be updating our bylaws to allow for this situation so we have an opportunity to have our say in the future. The variance request that was missed was not controversial so no harm done but want to avoid problems in the future.
- There is a development in the early stages of planning @ South Ponce and Clifton of townhomes in the $800-$1mil/ea range. Developer will be working with interested parties over the next several weeks. There is a walk through planned for this Wednesday 2/26 at 9:30a to tour the property and learn more about the planned changes.
Christiane – Environment
- The Lake Claire Land Trust completed a “Love Your Block” grant and is applying for round 2.
- Emory students recently cleared out invasive plants from Lake Claire Park – it looks great.
- The Land Trust will have sheep coming in soon to clear out weeds.
Andrew – Treasury
- Balances as of 2/1/14: Checking $1,821, Savings, $2,154, Greenspace fund $3,000, Mural fund $4,286.
- There are 38 paid up members after the 2/20 meeting.
Will – Communications (for Nancy)
- New website is up and running. Special thanks to Nancy for all her work in setting it up.
- Go check it out – much faster, especially behind the scenes.
Sara – Fundraising
- The new banners are available (they look great). Cost is $35 or $50 if you also renew your membership.
- Comes with adhesive stickers to stick on wall. Sarah has found a great clip-on hanger system – details coming soon.
- If you have ideas for neighborhood events or want to help you can contact Sara at email@example.com.
Announcements and current issues
- 2014 dues reminder – $20 per household
- Lake Claire Banners available for sale!
- Lake Claire Neighbors and Land Trust Picnic, Sun., May 4th 3:00-5:00
- Greenspace update
- Revised bylaws for the Freedom Park Conservancy – Intent is to update and streamline the current bylaws. Many of the changes are updating old information (adding new neighborhoods, removing defunct ones). Attendees voted to approve the changes (result is non-binding on the Conservancy but does signal our assent as a group).
- Variance 14 009: 636 Harold Ave. Applicant seeks reduction in North side yard setback from 7 ft to 3 ft for construction of 2440 sq ft two story residence. Variance was approved 20 yes, 1 no.