Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Mar. 20, 2014
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
1815 Ponce de Leon Ave NE • Atlanta, GA 30307
# of Members present _18__
Guest speakers (Representatives of the City Council, State Senate and Atlanta Police Department)
Valencia from Natalyn Archibong’s Office:
LCN officer reports
• 2 incidents – 1 domestic, 1 theft from auto.
• Tour of Homes started in planning.
• Clifton & South Ponce: 15 family residences.
• People who are most impacted.
• Trees Atlanta Lake Claire Park – putting in 50+ trees.
• New Sidewalk.
• Thanks to Judy for working on this.
• Lake Claire park improvement: Suggestions & comments to firstname.lastname@example.org Tom Cullen.
• Thanks to all who have given feedback on the new website, and thanks to Will our webmaster for his work on it.
• We have added Paypal buttons so you can buy the new banner (Look under “Shop”), or pay your dues online.
Treasurer’s Report (Andrew)
• LCN Treasurer Report 3/18/2014
• Our bank accounts at BOND as at March 1, 2014 were:
• Savings account $2154
• Checking account $3217
• Greenspace fund $3000
• Mural fund $4286
• Dues paid as at March 18: 49
• Banners sold as at March 18: 9
49 (+1) members as of today.
Announcements and current issues
• 2014 dues reminder – $20 per household
• Lake Claire Banners available for sale!
• Elena Parent, candidate for Georgia Senate, district 42, to replace Sen. Jason Carter.
• Epworth Cell Tower: Beth Krebs
• Introduction of Ms. Paige McKoy Kubick, new Executive Director of the Frazer Center
• Lake Claire Neighbors and Land Trust Picnic, Sun., May 4th 3:00-5:00
• Update on the postponement of the proposed development at Clifton and Ponce de Leon
V-14-028, 2038 McLendon Ave NE: Applicant seeks a variance from zoning regulations to reduce front yard setback from required 35 feet to 21.43 feet and reduce west side yard setback from required 7 feet to 3 feet for a 2nd story addition.
Vote: 18 in favor, 0 Opposed.
V-14-032, 1835 Indiana Ave NE: Applicant seeks a variance from zoning regulations to reduce front yard setback from required 30 feet to 10 feet for a new modern Single Family Residence.
Vote: 14 yes, 1 No, 1 abstain