Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Apr. 16, 2015
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
1815 Ponce de Leon Ave NE • Atlanta, GA 30307
Meet and greet your neighbors starting at 7:00 PM.
Pizza (compliments of Savage Pizza) and soft drinks will be served 15 minutes before the meeting. The Lake Claire Neighbors Association is very grateful to this local business for its generous support.
Officers: Kathie, Joe, Nancy, Carol, Andrew, Christiane
Welcome – please sign in and wear a name tag
Guest speakers (Representatives of the City Council, and Atlanta Police Department): not present.
LCN officer reports
Communications – Nancy Dorsner
Safety – Kathie Ryan
Multiple car thefts and attempted car thefts last month. Very unusual.
Burglaries, Theft from auto. Crime is slightly up, mostly juveniles.
Public Safety town hall meeting last week.
Large recidivism problem with the juveniles. Revolving door, despite multiple programs to combat. Mayor blames courts.
Moving patrols to high crime areas within neighborhoods.
Remember to keep cars and house locked, and nothing in view.
Fundraising (Joe for Sara)
Sept 26 10-4 – LC Tour of Homes
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to help out with the Tour!
NPU – Carol
Education – Annsley
Band and Orchestra, Spanish – 4/5 only
May 7 – Kindergarten Roundup
STEM / STEAM / IB Alternatives for Grady Cluster
Environment – Christiane
Greenspace: Goodness in the Garden is happening next Saturday 4/25.
Conversations continue about Pedestrian bikepath to cross Moreland.
Clifton Men’s Shelter – James Crutcher
No new updates.
LCN Treasurer Report 4/16/2015
Our bank accounts at BOND as at March 31, 2015 were:
Savings account $2155
Checking account $3568
Greenspace fund $3000
Mural fund $4286
Paid-up members 61
Announcements and current issues
• 2015 dues reminder – $20 per household
• Lake Claire Tour of Homes
• Lake Claire/Land Trust/Frazer Center picnic
LAKE CLAIRE CENTENNIAL
BBQ, Sides and Dessert.
Ms. Ladybug face painting
Tshirt Sale for Centennial
June 14 2-5
• Vote on proposed modifications to the NPU-N By-Laws. Carol Holliday, LCN VP for NPU and Planning will present and explain the modifications.
-Little 5 Points Center for Arts and Community name change.
-Moves ‘10 minutes or another specified time’ to a summary (adding flexibility on time).
• Security Patrol – in process, no new news. Not sure about current status by those who have volunteered.
• Lifecycle Building Center. Presentation by a young organization dedicated to diverting building material waste from the landfill and cycling it back into the community. Lifecyclebuildingcenter.org
• Recycling Day 4/18 Sat: 9am-3pm 1110 Hill St SE. Accepts paint, tires, batteries, etc. 404 330 6039
• This is the grand opening of a PERMANENT recycling center for hard to recycle materials. Go here for details: http://neighbornewspapers.com/bookmark/26580949/article-Center%20for%20Hard-to-Recycle%20Materials%20to%20open%20Saturday#.VS7ypbXnkrU.facebook
Other issues – those with concerns or information they wish to bring to the membership
Lake Claire Neighbors meets the third Thursday of each month.
Our next meeting is May 21, 2015– same time, same place.