Come and see what’s going on in the ‘hood!
Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Thurs. Oct. 20, 2016
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
1815 Ponce de Leon Ave NE • Atlanta, GA 30307
Meet and greet your neighbors starting at 7:00 PM.
Pizza (compliments of Savage Pizza) and soft drinks will be served 15 minutes before the meeting. The Lake Claire Neighbors Association is very grateful to this local business for its generous support.
Welcome – please sign in and wear a name tag
Guest speakers (Representatives of the City Council, and Atlanta Police Department)
LCN officer reports
Announcements and current issues
- 2016 dues reminder – $20 per household
- “SLOW DOWN” street signs available at the meeting. Signs are provided by PEDS, peds.org and Abbadabba’s, coolshoes.com
- Annual Lake Claire Halloween parade, Sat., Oct. 29 starting at 5:00 pm at Marlbrook and Ridgewood Ave.
- LCCT/LCN Arts and Crafts Sale, Sat., Dec. 3 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Frazer Center
- Annual LCN Christmas Pot Luck, Dec. 15, 6:30-8:30 in the Atrium of the Frazer Center.
- V-16-149, 440 Hardendorf Ave NE: Applicant seeks a variance to reduce the required north side yard setback from 7ft to 5 ft to allow an addition to a single family residence.
- Z-16-056, Requests Rezoning of the following three properties:
- 1956 DeKalb Ave C-1 to MR-3
- 1960 DeKalb Ave C-1 to MR-3
- 266 Oxford Place NE R-5 to MR-3
- Nomination of LCN officers for 2017. Election will be held at the next regular LCN meeting on Nov. 17 The official slate is: Jim Rockaway, Treasurer; Nancy Dorsner, Communications, Carol Holliday, Planning and NPU rep.; Melissa Pressman, Environment; Sara Rockaway, Fundraising; Robin Singer, Zoning; Pen Sherwood, Safety; and Joe Agee, President. No nominations can be made at the November meeting.
Other issues – those with concerns or information they wish to bring to the membership Lake Claire Neighbors meets the third Thursday of each month.
Our next meeting is Nov. 17. , 2016
To receive occasional e-mails about happenings in, around and concerning Lake Claire, as well as reminders of up-coming meetings, please sign up at http://lakeclaire.org/resources/newscast-sign-up/