Lake Claire Neighbors
Monthly Meeting: Thurs. Nov. 16, 2017
7:15 PM at the Frazer Center, Rose Room
1815 Ponce de Leon Ave NE • Atlanta, GA 30307
Meet and greet your neighbors starting at 7:00 PM.
Pizza (compliments of Savage Pizza) and soft drinks will be served 15 minutes before the meeting. The Lake Claire Neighbors Association is very grateful to this local business for its generous support.
Welcome – please sign in and wear a name tag
Guest speakers (Representatives of the City Council, and Atlanta Police Department)
LCN officer reports
Announcements and current issues
- 2017 dues reminder – $20 per household
- Announcement of request for donation to the Frazer Center including use of facilities for meetings and events
- Updates on Pullman Yard and the proposed development of property at the East Lake Marta Station
- Bryan Davis, Clifton Sanctuary Ministries
- Election of officers for the Lake Claire Neighbors, 2018. Official slate: Communications: Nancy Dorsner; Environment: Melissa Pressman; Fundraising: Pen Sherwood; Planning and NPU Representative: Carol Holiday; Safety: Ann Mauney; Treasurer: Eileen O’Neil; Zoning: Robin Singer; President: Joe Agee
- Annsley Klehr will continue as Chair of Education; Naka Nathanial as Representative to the Freedom Park Conservancy and Ben Klehr as Representative to the Candler Park Conservancy
- V-17-289, 1968 Tuxedo Ave: Applicant seeks a variance from the zoning regulations to reduce the west required side yard setback from 7 feet to 2 feet to finish attic space. Applicant seeks no other variances at this time. A Complete Plan Review Was Not Conducted.
- V-17-308, 312 Gordon Ave NE: Applicant seeks a variance from the zoning regulation: (1) to reduce the required southern side yard setback from 7 feet to 5 feet, 8 inches on an existing slab; and (2) to increase the average height from 20 feet to 24 feet – for a new accessory garage structure. Applicant seeks no other Variances or special exceptions. A Complete Plan Review Was Not Conducted.
- V-17-318, 301 Clifton Rd NE: Applicant seeks a variance from the zoning regulations to (1) reduce the required front yard setback from 30 feet to 1 feet. 2) to reduce the required south side yard setback from 7 feet to 3 feet for an addition to an existing single family residence. Applicant seeks no other variances at this time. PENDING LOT APPROVAL.
Other issues – those with concerns or information they wish to bring to the membership.
Lake Claire Neighbors meets the third Thursday of each month.
Note that our annual Holiday Potluck Dinner on Dec. 14, 2017 counts for a regular meeting.
Stay informed! To receive occasional e-mails about happenings in, around and concerning Lake Claire, as well as reminders of up-coming meetings, please sign up at http://lakeclaire.org/resources/newscast-sign-up/