New Resident Information
The City of Atlanta offers a New Resident Website with an abundance of helpful information. For residents new to Lake Claire, LCN has created a welcome flyer with neighborhood-specific information.
The safety of our neighbors and neighborhood is of utmost importance to Lake Claire Neighbors. At each monthly meeting, we invite Atlanta police officers from Zone 6 to come and talk with us about crime and other safety concerns. We keep one another informed through the Lake Claire Neighborhood Watch Yahoo group, which enables easy and rapid communication among Lake Claire block captains, the VP of Safety for Lake Claire Neighbors, and any neighbors who want to communicate about safety issues. Anyone is welcome to join this group.
The Directed Patrol Form. This form can be mailed, faxed, or taken by hand to Zone 6, if you are going to be out of town, a spouse is out of town, or any time you think you may need extra police patrols on your street.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) serves Lake Claire by rail and bus.
• Rail: The Edgewood/Candler Park and East Lake train stations are each less than a mile from the neighborhood, and located along DeKalb Avenue. They are on the East-West line, which connects with the North-South line downtown at Five Points. Parking at these MARTA stations is free. MARTA trains are a convenient way to get to and from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, sporting events, and several Atlanta attractions, such as the Civic Center, the World Congress Center, and the High Museum of Art.
• Bus: Four bus lines serve Lake Claire. MARTA has bus maps and schedules on its website.
Civic and Other Services
• To reach the City’s police and fire departments, call 911.
• Trash is collected every Monday, except after certain holidays. For new and replacement trash and recycling containers (Herbie Curbies), call (404) 659-6757.
• Recyclables are also picked up every Monday. For information on what can and cannot be recycled in Atlanta, click here.
• Yard waste is typically picked up on Mondays. Yard waste may be placed in a marked container or in a paper yard bag; plastic bags are not allowed.
• Mail is delivered Monday–Saturday, except on holidays. Please do not park in front of your or a neighbor’s mailbox on mail days.
• The Department of Watershed Management handles water and sewer service in the City. Click here to learn how to start new service.
Neighborhood Email Newscasts
To sign up for the neighborhood newscasts, an email-based news service that features a few announcements per month on local happenings and reminders of upcoming meetings, fill out the form below. (This is an announcement-only system to which subscribers cannot post messages.) Email the VP of Communications at email@example.com with questions on the newscast system.
For the neighborhood association’s bylaws and parliamentary procedures, as well as various forms and applications—including voting forms, variance and zoning forms, housing code ordinances, and the greenspace nomination form—visit our LCN Documents page.